The story of Outdoor Instinct
Outdoor Instinct, formerly known as Amazon Outdoors was founded by Shane Viglione and his family in 2002. It was initially a camping store used to promote the Oztent range of tents, it wasn’t long before the store and the range grew to carry a lot of the camping brands available in Australia. Amazon Outdoors was fast becoming the go to outdoor specialist store to visit . The store was then approached by a very viable fishing wholesaler who highlighted that the area also needed a fishing specialist store.
Over the years since it began, Amazon Outdoors grew to be one of the premier camping and fishing stores in Sydney, offering all the major brands at competitive prices combined with knowledge and service to back it up. Fifteen years later Oztent Australia decided to focus on their wholesale and export side of the business, so on the 20th April 2017 negotiations were successful in having some of the staff purchase the store.
So with the thoughts of a refreshment and moving forward in the industry the brand of Outdoor Instinct was born with the aim of providing Western Sydney with a camping and fishing store like no other that carries a huge range of quality products at competitive prices, that are competitive with any store in Australia and provide information from driven and passionate staff that live and breathe camping and fishing.
At Outdoor Instinct
- We are family owned and operated with good old fashioned customer service
- We all have strong knowledge in camping and fishing
- We are all passionate about our outdoor leisure activities
- We all have knowledge of the latest trends, products and locations
- We can assist anyone starting out, on a budget or those who have been pursuing their activity for many years
- We carry more styles and range of products than the corporate chain stores, so you can confidently find exactly what you need
- We will price match any genuine online or catalogue product item if we don’t already beat it.